Collecting personal information as part of the process of distance selling is essential; this information is necessary for recording, processing and delivering orders, as well as for billing purposes. This information is strictly confidential. The absence of this information will result in automatic rejection of an order.
In accordance with the English Data Protection Act 1998, data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject under the Act.
What we collect
- name and job title.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Non-disclosure of Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures including SSL encryption to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The only cookies created by MyFaktory are during the internet session and they are deleted when the Buyer logs out of the website.
Some of the website’s web pages may contain electronic images or “web beacons”, which count the number of visitors to the page.
These web beacons may be used by some of our partners, specifically to measure and improve the efficiency of certain advertisements. In any case, the information obtained via these beacons is strictly anonymous and is simply used for statistical purposes concerning the number of visits to certain pages of the website and thus better serve the website’s Buyers.